Saturday, January 1, 2011

Picture of the day

On New Year's Day, we usually go to my in-laws' house for black-eyed peas, corn bread, collards and what not. This year, however, my in-laws are ringing in the new year with massive head colds. Thus, my husband, Patrick and I decided to make a New Year's feast of Thanksgiving fare. Our first attempt at turkey and stuffing was a smashing success. Patrick has a natural talent. The turkey was perfectly cooked and had been roasted with veggies and fruits, including orange slices placed all over the breast, leaving it sweet and succulent. The stuffing, apple sausage and sage stuffing made by yours truly, was delightful if I do say so myself. We ate a plateful each of turkey, stuffing, cranberries, etc. and then went outside to play, which brings me to my picture of the day!



I started playing with pictures of bubbles yesterday and continued this afternoon. My son Hazen loves chasing them, and I love photographing them. Not sure if Patrick is all that enamored with blowing a billion bubbles for my and Hazen's enjoyment, though.

All in all, I'd say we had a fantastic start to the new year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment