Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Get outta town!

The beauty of living in NoVa is its close proximity to other places. For instance, it's about an hour and a half drive to a DC metro station. It's a mere 3 hours to Pittsburgh, where I was born and still have family. Richmond is only 2 hours away. Charlottesville is even closer. So, lots of cool places with lots of things to offer are all just a day trip away. Not that we don't still have plenty to explore here in Winchester, but I have a very deep, very strong case of wanderlust. Unfortunately, the wanderlust is incompatible with a 3 year old child, but there is always compromise. Enter, The Weekend Getaway!

Patrick and I are big fans of the weekend getaway. Our compatibility shines in this arena. I am a super freak when it comes to planning. I make lists and charts and investigate where to go, what to do, things to see, stuff to eat, and every single minute detail in between. Patrick prefers to wing it and go with the flow. We learned years ago that the best course of action is for me to nerd out on my planning and basically drag Pat along for the ride.

So, while it is only Tuesday, I am planning for our first weekend getaway! Just a day trip on Saturday, since our Easter Weekend Pittsburgh Trip has fallen through. Pat suggested a Railroad Museum for Hazen, but I am thinking the National Zoo in DC may be a better choice all around. Either way, it'll be nice to go to a new place I've never been with my two favorite people. I love getaways!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I have the flibberty-gibbits, similar to your wanderlust :) and I just go with the flow. especially since moving to TX. Joseph and I have had many little adventures in the past 2 years

    ReplyDelete