Monday, April 18, 2011

One Week In...

So, it's been a week. Hardly enough time to come to know a place intimately, but certainly long enough to form an opinion. When considering my new home, one word comes to mind.

Nice.

The people here? Nice. The scenery? Nice. The parks, the downtown, the grocery store? Nice, nice nice.

Winchester is simply a nice place. I know that sounds like a glass of milk sort of opinion, but it is nice! It's the kind of place you can let your kids play outside without hovering over them. The kind of place where neighbors bring you welcoming gifts (wine in our case!!!). A place where the mailman refers to you by name without looking at your mail first. It's a nice place to live.

OK, so... maybe I undersold the scenery. Just a few miles outside of town it is some of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever laid my eyes on. And the spring blooms are in full effect. It is nice (there's that word again) to be in the midst of a full-fledged season.

Since I haven't done it yet, I suppose I should post some photos to show off the elements of living here that blow nice out of the water.

the sun peaking out


verdant, ain't it?


bleeding hearts


cherry blossoms


apple blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment